OK, I don't want to rub it in, but haven't the Gunners done well?

Ati Borussia who? Ati Liverpool who? And
on Monday I’ll be saying “ati Manchester
United who? Okay, let me not get too
cocky about games that haven’t been
played yet because I often find myself
with egg on my face. What I like about
the current Arsenal is what I have always
admired of Manchester United. Even
when they have a bad game, they win; or
at least they avoid defeat. The norm for
any normal team is that when you play
badly, you lose. Ironically Arsenal over
the years have gone through periods of
playing well but still losing. Even when
Man United never had a strong team,
somehow Sir Alex Ferguson would make
them reach deep inside themselves to
find the will to win and that alone would
carry them. Arsenal have developed that
drive regardless of what the stats are
saying.
Arsenal did not have the greatest game in
the world against Dortmund midweek
even though all Gunners went to twitter
at 1am in the morning to say: “Bring on
United!” Infact at some point the German
club had 13 shots on and off target while
Arsenal had two. That should say
something about the way the teams were
playing. Arsenal’s first shot on target was
Aaron Ramsey’s goal and that came in the
62nd minute! So what were we doing for
the first hour of the game ? Defending.
And I must say it also had a lot to do with
“Lady Luck!” The number of times the ball
went just wide of Wojciech Szczesny’s goal
were too many for my comfort. We must
seal those defensive loopholes before
meeting United on Sunday and our
strikers must become sharper.
Theo Walcott is back which is great news
but I’m not sure whether he should be
rushed into this game or brought in as a
super sub. Either way it’s great news as
Arsenal suffers when critical players are
injured. But to be honest, I’m cautious
about Man United simply because they
are Man United. They grind points out of
the most difficult games for them and
usually they don’t lose or draw two games
in a row. Midweek they failed to score
against Real Sociedad settling for a 0-0
draw. All their strikers were shooting
blanks from RVP missing a penalty to
Chicharito giving All Black’s Danny Carter
a run for his money! I must add that
despite beating Liverpool 2-0 I have
massive respect for the Reds. Arsenal had
such a good game against them and the
scoreline didn’t altogether reflect the
challenge they gave us. So big up to the
losers; you lost well.
Tee hee. Okay okay, humble yourself
Radull! Just because Arsenal are top of
TWO tables and still going strong it
doesn’t mean that you need to be nasty
towards other teams Radull! That’s me
blasting myself very unconvincingly.

Posted by Blyth on 06:52. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for OK, I don't want to rub it in, but haven't the Gunners done well?

Leave comment

sidebarads

dailyvid

FLICKR PHOTO STREAM

2010 BlogNews Magazine. All Rights Reserved. - Provided by Free Blogger template.